Here's an image of someone's birthday party with the backdrop and music. (Fog & lights not included)
Tickets for any public shows put on by Blackthorn magic can be purchased ahead of time. When a show is available, there will be a button or link listed below.
1. When is the event to take place?
A two week notice is ideal, but not necessary for shows like walk-around magic.
Copyright (c) 2012 Blackthorn Magic. All Rights Reserved.
Call us: 719-351-2478
Mail: 3050 Mallard Dr. #15, Colorado Springs, CO 80910
Where I am currently performing, when, and how much.
Information on what I do and what it takes to hire me.
What others have to say about me and my performances.
Fill out this form to receive a specific quote on what it would cost for your show.
How does this work?
1st Concern: When is the event?
If you want to hire anyone (including me), you must take into consideration that the performer may not be available on that date. No use discussing cost if the person is not available.
2nd Concern: How much will this cost?
The cost is dependent on several factors:
- where at the location I am to perform (How controlled is the environment? Indoors, outdoors, how much space will I have to perform?)
All of these will affect what tricks I do. If I am limited or work in less than ideal conditions, this can affect the price.
3rd Concern: What are ideal conditions?
The best conditions for a stage show would include:
- 12' wide x 16' deep area to perform in (excluding audience area)
- No lighting coming from behind the performance area
- Entrances behind the audience seating
- Controlled heating or cooling of the room
- Furniture cleared from performance area ahead of time.
4th Concern: What am I getting for the price?
The average show I do includes the following:
- On average, my half-hour show has approximately 12 illusions in it.
- Many people ask for music (each routine has its own song)
- Most ask for the backdrop (helps turn the ordinary room into a theater-like setting)
Final Concern: How do I book a show or find out my cost?
To book a show or find your cost, do the following:
- Explain to the person on the other end (most likely me) that you are interested in hiring Blackthorn for a show.
- I will ask all the questions I need. If you've read any of the above, you'll know what to expect.
- At the end of the call, I will give you a solid quote that will not go up. At that point, you may say, "Thank you, we will decide later." Or you may go ahead and book the show at that time.
- To risk losing the date for your show, I do require that a $50 deposit is paid within 7 days of booking. I can meet you almost anywhere that is convenient to collect the deposit, or you may pay below using PayPal. The $50 deposit is non-refundable.
But I just want to know how much!
- Again, follow the first 4 bullets above or you can...
- Fill out the form below and receive an e-mail with your quote within a few days.
2. What type of show would you like?
3. How long would you like the show?
4. Where will the show take place? (Check all that apply.)
5. How many people will be present to watch the show?
6. Check the extras that you would like for the show.
Here's an image of someone's livingroom with the backdrop, lights, music and fog.
7. Where is the show to take place? Please enter the street address and zip code of the location.
Click the icon below to sign up for occasional newsletters about Blackthorn Magic!
Click "Submit" below to receive your free quote, or choose the "Reset" to clear the form and cancel your quote.
(When clicking on "Submit", another screen will pop up saying, "Thank you. Your information has been submitted." That means your form has been received.)
8. Please enter your e-mail so I may return your quote.
(Your e-mail address is only used for replying to your request. Your e-mail is NOT added to our e-mail list unless you request so by clicking on the "Join This Mailing List" icon below.)
"First word that comes to mind when I think of Bret Blackthorn's Performance in the magic show "Dueling Magicians" is WOW! From the moment I sat down at the beginning of the show, I was in Awe! and it wasn't just me, I would look around and everybody else in the
audience had the same look of total amazement in their faces. Not only did Mr. Blackthorn keep us all on the edge of our seats waiting for the next surprise, he was also very brilliant with his Comedic and Dramatic delivery all in one. I have and will continue to recommend people to his show. Bret Blackthorn is definitely up there in the Copperfield status. I can't wait to see what he will be doing at his next show!"
- Mr. Biggs Family Fun Center, Sam Warren: Sales
"He was awesome! My family really enjoyed the show."
- B. Westerburg, Muncie, IN
"I hired him for my wife's graduation party and everyone had a blast! I would highly recommend Blackthorn for anyone looking for some hilarious entertainment."
- Andrew, Colorado Springs, CO
"Great Magician/Entertainer! He offers a lot of fun for Birthday Parties by keeping the kids involved. He kept me well entertained during my 8 year old Nephew's Birthday Party, so much that it was hard for me to focus on the tricks and much as the entertainer. He is great with kids and demonstrates a lot of patients with them as they learn some of the tricks. If you are considering a Magician, he is your guy!"
- Regina, Colorado Springs, CO (review from
"He is very professional and well worth the price for his show. We've seen other magic shows and we feel there is something different about his performance that makes it not only amazing, but entertaining as well. He doesn't talk down to anyone as I've seen other performers do. If you want someone worth what they charge, Blackthorn is the way to go. Amazing AND entertaining,..."
- Irene, Colorado Springs, CO
"After searching the web for a Colorado Springs magician to do an April Fools program for a local club, I was most impressed by Bret Blackthorn's website. By using his "Free Quote" section, I was able to describe to him exactly what I needed. And that was exactly what we got: a very entertaining and humorous 30 minute magic show at a very reasonable price. Bret kept our group spell bound the whole time. Plus he used club members in his routine, which made it even funnier. I got nothing but compliments on what a fun show it was! I highly recommend the Magic of Blackthorn."
- Randy Sollenberger SnoJets Ski & Social Club (review from Google Maps)
Optional: Type in any questions, requests, or comments above if any.
If you have been approved for a show date and time, please use the link below to pay your deposit for the show. Every show has a NON-REFUNDABLE $50 DEPOSIT. The balance of your show is due after the performance. By following the link below and paying the $50 deposit, you are agreeing to the conditions of the agreement as follows: (1) the deposit is non-refundable should the show be cancelled or moved and (2) the show date and time will be set and not changed.
Click here if you have already set up a date and time for a show and wish to pay the deposit.
Happy Ass Ranch
Lake George, CO 80827
Festival... details to follow
August 2012... details to follow
Details to follow